It’s summer time. Time to kick off your shoes, relax and show off those painted toe nails. But wait! Are your feet sandal ready?
Our skin is the body’s largest organ and therefore needs the most moisture. While we all drink bottles of water every day to keep us hydrated, that is not enough for the abuse our skin suffers. Our skin needs a little more nurturing and TLC!
Here are my best tips on how to get your feet ready for summer.
How To Get Your Feet Ready for Summer: Make it a Self Care Activity!
- Start with a little bit of pampering by pouring lukewarm water in a bathtub or basin. To increase the fun, I suggest you invite over a few of your girlfriends and add some champagne to turn this into a real occasion!
- Add baking soda (two dashes should do the trick) and your favorite essential oil. A few bath beads can even be added, if you want.
- Indulge in your foot soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Towel dry your feet.
- While the skin is soft, you want to massage away the rough, dead skin using a large grain scrub and massaging it over your heels, soles and toes. You can use your favorite crushed walnut, almond or bamboo scrub – or better yet, make your own!
Simply crush and grind half a cup of rice to a coarse thickness, add two tablespoons of honey and mix in two tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Rinse well.
- Massage your feet with a heavy cream, or my personal favorite, the ultra-hydrating Shungite Divine Body Cream in Relaxing Lavender for the full spa experience!
- Put cotton socks on for the rest of the day. You’ll wake up and be amazed at the difference after just one night!
How To Get Summer-Ready Toes
- To avoid ingrown toenails, steer clear of rounding off and shortening the corners of your toenails completely. Aim to shape your toenails in a square fashion.
- The best way to shape your toenails is with an emery board.
- Cuticles can be trimmed by using cuticle cutters or a cuticle stick.
- Prepare toenails by smoothing away rough ridges with a buffing cream or buffing pad.
- Apply a base coat to shield your toenails from any chips or cracks.
- Polish your beautifully trimmed toenails with a nail polish color that compliments your skin tone!
My Best Tips on How To Get Your Feet Ready For Summer
Summer time is the time where we want to enjoy ourselves and forget about self-consciousness. Now you are ready to throw on a pair of your sexiest sandals and show off your soft feet!
Oh yeah, and by the way – if you are going out in the sun – remember to apply sunblock to your feet to prevent sunburn!